There is no comprehensive genetic privacy law in America today but a variety of laws do exist that protect your genetic privacy in particular consumer areas. While such laws do vary widely in their restrictions, you can protect yourself and your genetic privacy by getting to know them better. The following section offers question and answer pieces, summaries and the full texts of the major laws that protect the genetic privacy of the California consumer.
- Bill to Protect the Genetic Profiles of Californians Clears Assembly Floor – AB 170
- ‘Devious Defecator’ Case Tests Genetics Law
- If Canada does not act to protect genetic data, we could see the rise of genetic discrimination
- Creepy Ads Use Litterbugs’ DNA to Shame Them Publicly
- Newborn screening collides with privacy fears
Anonymous on Where, oh where is 23andme’s P… Nick on This company wants to make you… Mike on GeneWatch UK criticized speech…